Triton Router Table Refurbishment

I must admit, this doesn’t look too good…

There was lifting of the paint where the water had got in, on this table top. That was around where I’d drilled holes to take my shop made feather board. I contemplated trying to rectify it, but who’s got the time? So I bought a replacement.

This was a shop made fence I made up to improve dust extraction…

But as you can see, it has quite a lot of damage, so I threw it away. This is the original fence…

It had some MDF fences on it but they were nowhere to be found so I made some new ones from moisture proof MDF.

This is the fence and router tray being cleaned…

They were just dusty.

Some of the metal parts needed a cycle through the rust remover, but came out quite nice…

The fence and its dust extraction port reassembled (without the new MDF fences)…

…and with…

Undoing these fasteners allows the legs to drop out…

The table without legs…

It comes apart simply by undoing bolts…

I took the switch unit off, took it apart and gave everything a thorough clean…

The frame and legs cleaned up…

Assembly was easy, once again the reverse of dismantling. This is the completed unit…

This picture highlights the square holes where the legs are stored for transportation…

When I fitted the new table top, I noticed one of the securing lugs was damaged…

I emailed Dennis at Triton Woodworking Tools about it. We agreed it was probably damaged in transit. Unfortunately this table top was the very last one – the newer version of this router table is quite different – so I simply drilled out the rivet and used a little bolt to secure a good lug taken from the old top. Holds very securely.

That was a quick and easy refurb and the table and router look pristine, ready for its new owner.

Advertisements