Holy smoke! It didn’t work right…

…I got to the top, I had to stop, and that’s what’s bothering me…

On with more holes; this time just to make some little recesses so the bolt heads have somewhere to go, thereby enabling the assembly to sit flush on the Maple Feet. Also some screw pilot holes. First the hinge is placed so that the hole centres can be marked…

20140218-175245.jpg

Centre marks were made in the first and fourth holes from the left. Then a 15mm forstner bit was put in the brace…

20140218-180014.jpg

This was the result…

20140218-180115.jpg

Pilot holes were drilled in the adjacent side for screws. The hinge and castor were then assembled using the dimensioned bolts made last week…

20140218-180628.jpg

…then the assembly screwed to the Maple Foot…

20140218-180817.jpg

That was the castoring position. This is the retracted position…

20140218-181034.jpg

All four castors were fitted and the feet bolted to the base…

20140218-182258.jpg

This is the upside down Base with one set of feet and castors in the retracted position…

20140218-181357.jpg

…and in the castoring position…

20140218-181626.jpg

…close up of detail…

20140218-181808.jpg

I turned the base the right way up and tried it out. It didn’t work right! In one direction it worked great, but in the other…

20140218-182906.jpg

Doh!!! Come back soon for an explanation why and a simple solution.

Advertisements